We are in contact with our guides in Haiti on an almost daily basis and they are coping as best they could in these trying circumstances. TWA is sending payment to our guides as a bonus that is almost an equivalent amount to their salaries as guides every May.
We have not excluded our yearly trip for this year. We are still planning on traveling to Haiti to continue our efforts there hopefully before the end of the summer. So if you are still interested in traveling with us, please let us know so that I can keep you updated.
Here is our new guidelines for our upcoming trip with respect to Covid 19 measurements:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever greater than 38C/100F
- New or worsening coughs or difficulty breathing/shortness of breath
- New general flu-like symptoms
- New chills or shakes
- New unexplained feeling or malaise, confusion, or loss of consciousness
- New loss or change in ability to taste or smell
- Chest pain
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Have you travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days? (Before travelling with us to Haiti)
- Have you had close unprotected contact with a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case?
- Have you had close unprotected contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Social distancing when feasible
- Wearing masks when possible
- Keeping all surfaces clean in rooms and common areas
- Everyone is responsible in providing their own personal protection equipment (hand sanitizer, masks, disinfectants etc)
- Handwashing or using hand sanitizer frequently
- Reduced physical paperwork, more digital paperwork
- Updates to be provided via email or telephone
8. We have purchased a touchless thermometer to do daily temperature checks if necessary
Hoping to continue our efforts in Haiti soon! Please check back for more updates.